6th December 2016
10 Savvy Shopping tips that will save you time & money
Sit back, relax and order another coffee. Take on board a few shopping tips from us and you’ll have that list ticked off in no time…
- Don’t leave it to the last minute. Trawling the stores on Christmas Eve is often stressful if you have a long list – you won’ t have much luck buying online for Christmas delivery either!
- Plan ahead write a list of ideas and take advantage of discounts in the lead up to Christmas – sign up to newsletters (they’re usually easy to unsubscribe after) to get the latest discounts and deals, a lot of retailers offer first time subscribers a discount too.
- Get inspired. Ask around. Take some time to consider what people really want. Look at magazines, ask other friends, pinterest is a great source of inspiration too.
- Set your budget and stick to it. Most of us use smart phones, take advantage of an app for writing notes to store all the info you need to keep you on track on the go.
- Don’t shop in heels. If you’re shopping on the hight street, be comfortable, wear light layers so you’re warm outside and layer off so you’re cool inside
- Don’t shop on an empty stomach. or shop tired. Worst thing EVER. Rehydrate, power the brain cells, relax, order another cappuccino and get in gear ready for action.
- Give yourself time. Plan more than one shopping trip or dedicate part of your list within a certain time frame so you’re not pressured to do too much at once
- Don’t fall for gimmicks. Sometimes ‘2-4-1’ isn’t always what it seems. Or the latest gadget may just be a quick-sell for Christmas but render useless after the festive season. Quality over quantity!
- Consider an alternative gift. An act of kindness is sometimes all it takes to make someone feel good.
- Get some help. Take advantage of a Personal Shopper to ease the burden and be creative with your gift choices.