8 Tips to Storing Your Summer Wardrobe
It is officially time to bid a farewell to your summer items that are no longer of use. Those strappy dresses, denim cut offs and vests have served you well during the Summer months yet are now redundant as the cold weather sets in. You will find yourself (if not already) reaching for your chunky knits and coats instead.
The darker nights signify the time to store all your summer outfits away to make room for your winter layers. Trust us, it will make your morning routine much easier as you direct your wardrobe edit towards the colder climate.
It may seem like a chore yet once the task is complete you will be thanking us, wishing you had done it sooner.
- Pull out all items you consider to be reserved for the beach, in 30 degree heat and a cocktail in hand (we’re not joking). We’re talking jersey dresses, brightly coloured cami’s, short shorts etc.
- Distinguish between items that can be layered for winter with a top underneath, slipping on a sweater or a pair of tights. Some maxi’s can be teamed with chunky boots whereas others are solely reserved for the beach.
- Throw any items that have become discoloured from sun tan lotion for example and give to charity clothing that you haven’t worn for the last summer season. It’s time for them to go!
- Once the decision has been made make sure each item is clean. Packing away items with stains on could attract unwanted creatures such as moths.
- Organise into plastic boxes that are airtight, waterproof and will ensure pests stay well away. There is nothing more disappointing than opening your summer boxes to find your favourite dress riddled with holes.
- Some like to vacuum pack their items to save space and protect items from dirt, damp and bugs.
- If possible dry in a cool, place that is ideally far from damp, sunlight and heat. You will be grateful when your favourite maxi dress is still like brand new when it emerges from the container.
- For those truly special items ensure that these are packed away neatly and wrap in acid free tissue paper for protection.
If you haven’t already packed away your summer wardrobe, why not free up some much needed space this weekend. You can thank us for it later.
Finding it tricky? A wardrobe consultation may be just what you need.