How to Dress the Pear Body Shape
Before you head out to start your Saturday shopping, take a look at how to dress for your body shape. We have already covered the rectangle and hourglass figure this week and today we are focusing on the pear silhouette.
- The widest part of your figure is below your waist.
- Typically, your bust is on the smaller side.
- Your shoulder frame is on the petite side.
- Remind yourself of the shape of the pear fruit.
Opt for tops and blouses in bold colours and print to draw the eye upwards and balance your proportions. Also, choose tops that have detailing at the neckline and shoulder to create a strong frame and enhance your chest. Boat and scoop necklines are a great choice for widening your shoulders. Layer your clothing to add visual interest – another clever technique to create a balanced figure.
Beyonce’s weight regularly changes with her shape falling between an hourglass and a pear. However, she celebrates her curves and uses some great style techniques to help her do this. Take a look for yourself.
1. Although her gown has detailing at the widest part of her body, the striking necklace and strapless neckline draws the eye upwards. The clever panelled seams direct the eyes towards the bust or to her fabulous legs.
2. The plunging neckline certainly enhances her bust and the rouching at the shoulders adds volume. The rouching at the centre creates excess fabric to smooth over her mid-section and the knee length finish demands attention.
3. The bold white insert allows for the eye to linger at this section of the top and to the structured shoulder detailing. The black trousers are very slimming creating a natural balance.
As you know there are variations of each body shape. Get in touch for a more in depth calculation of your figure. Remember we are also at Bristol Fashion Week at The Mall Cribbs Causeway from Thursday 27th March – Sunday 30th March. We look forward to seeing you there.