How to Introduce Trends Without Loosing Your Personal Style
Curating a strong style identity is the perfect way to build your capsule wardrobe that exudes confidence. The trends that appear each season should definitely be acknowledged yet remember there is certainly no pressure to dress head to toe in the latest craze. Evolving your look is essential yet completely reinventing yourself each season is tiresome, expensive and breeds self consciousness.
Avoid frantic trend shopping this autumn and let us guide you on how to subtly wear the newest craze without loosing your sense of unique style. Trust us, it is really easy!
- Identify the newest trends on the catwalk and high street stores (a more diluted version) – in this case violet, velvet (our stylist Amy’s fav), sequins, quilting, frills are IN!
- Do your research before hitting the shops to find out the craze that you find appealing. If you are not a fan do not feel pressured to buy into a trend that doesn’t work for you.
- Select accessories in the latest colour, fabric or texture to add a hint of the craze to your wardrobe.
- A velvet scarf, a pair of violet shoes or a quilted bag can revitalise an outfit instantly when paired with your staple, go to items.
- Jewellery is also a superb way of introducing your wardrobe to the newest craze on the high street.
- Experiment with different styles and do step outside your comfort zone once in a while. Have fun!
- A velvet bomber jacket for example will add a unique touch to your look without feeling too ‘out there.’
- Do not feel intimidated by the emerging new trends, embrace them with confidence by adding as much or as little as you feel necessary.
- Monsoon’s AW16 lookbook demonstrates how to wear the trends sophisticatedly. We’re loving the velvet trousers!