Luxe For Less: 10 Trends Your Purse Will Thank You For
The SS17 catwalk was full of stylish delights that your purse will definitely thank you for. The latest trends flirt with femininity, experiment with artistic prints and inject bright colours into your wardrobe guaranteeing there is something that everyone will adore this season – especially your bank balance! It is easy to find items that combine 2 or 3 of the newest crazes – for example a gingham blazer may welcome a sharp shoulder and frill cuff – the perfect opportunity to subtly wear 3 of the newest trends at once without going overboard and spending a fortune.
As always we recommend to discreetly introduce trends to your personal style by trialling what works for you. A graphic stripe scarf or a pink clutch may all you need to update your look to embrace the latest trends.
1. Feminine ruffles – frills are everywhere this season. Skirt hems, shoulder seams and jacket cuffs all undergo the ruffle treatment.
2. Cinch it – waist belts are back and from a glance at the catwalk bigger is better!
3. Pretty in pink – the hottest shade of the moment will certainly inject a sense of fun into your summer style without entering Barbie territory!
4. Shoulder to shoulder – all eyes are on the shoulders this season. Either wear a sharp blazer with an extreme point or bare all with the cold shoulder design.
5. Fancy florals – the ditsy print returns. Let’s face it, it wouldn’t be Spring without a pop of florals.
6. Statement sleeves – flared cuffs have been a huge hit this season with blouses, coats and dresses all welcoming the trend with open arms!
7. Sheer thing – layering chic! Whether you choose a blouse, skirt or dress to experiment with the fine overlay will add a sense of style to your everyday wardrobe.
8. Go gingham – the kitch black and white check is here for summer. We are loving the River Island top featuring the front tie – the perfect mum tum disguise!
9. Bold stripes – colourful, artistic prints are making a statement with stripes heading in every direction.
10. Slogan tees – wear your thoughts on your chest with the latest slogan t-shirts! Opt for light-hearted humour or serious political views depending on your preference – Dior displayed their feminist ideas this season with their tees this SS17.